Tuesday 23 December 2014

Nearly there...

I have shamefully neglected this blog in the past two months so here's an update...

I finished my mountain climbing in early November in the Brecon Beacons in Wales.  I climbed two peaks, the second being the highest in South Wales, Pen y Fan.  That means that I finished at exactly 8,848 metres (who knew it would work out so well?)



My final fundraising push came on the 29th November when I cooked Nepalese curry for 55 people in Worlington parish hall.  I served 4 different dishes which went down, or at least seemed to, rather well.  I must thank the Ghurka Kitchen in Exeter who took me in, gave me a free meal and taught me everything they knew about making Nepalese curry.  I would highly recommend the restaurant, then food is honestly amazing!

With these endeavours completed, as of last Friday, I have finished my fundraising.  Thank you so much to everyone who sponsored me or who came to my curry night.  Special thanks go to the Viscount Amory Trust who kindly gave £500 and to the Exeter branch of the English Speaking Union who gave £400. 

Not long to go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment